OT; w3m browser?
Tom Fowle
2016-12-12 03:52:25 UTC
Has anybody much experience with the w3m command line browser?

Just discovered it, seems to work fine with speakup, but the command
mappings are weird.

Can it do much that good old lynx can't do?
If not, it's probably not worth learning, but-----
Comments appreciated.
Thanks
Tom Fowle
Hart Larry
2016-12-12 04:00:21 UTC
Well Tom, so-far I don't think w3m does anything more than any of the LYNX or e
links type browsers. You can number lines-and-links, also use a tab to follow
links, but I don't think it has any javascript support. Let me guess, only
edbrowse has that?
Hart
Tom Fowle
2016-12-12 04:20:55 UTC
Larry,
thanks, that's what I thought.
Will probably wait for Kirk to do a 32 bit of his chrome implementation.
tom Fowle
Karen Lewellen
2016-12-12 05:21:19 UTC
actually e-links can work in many java environments.
I have wanted to try edbrowse, Larry do we have it here at shellworld?,
but I cannot speak to the browser referenced in the question.
Kare
Hart Larry
2016-12-12 06:00:21 UTC
Well Karen, to my surprise, yes we seem to have edbrowse here, but while it will
create a config, it asks to personalize. This browser is occasionally discussed
on the "commandline" group.
Hart
Karen Lewellen
2016-12-12 06:33:33 UTC
Since shellworld is my only access to Linux, here and the Linux shell
supplied by dreamhost for my office's account, I am not on many lists.
Still I too found edbrowse. will need to google for information to see if
i can use it.
Thanks,
Kare
Dan D.

XB
Jason White
2016-12-12 17:15:15 UTC
Post by Tom Fowle
Can it do much that good old lynx can't do?
No. If my memory is correct (and it may not be), W3M can display tables
spatially - fine for braille display users, but if you're using Speakup alone
then spatial layout probably isn't what you want.
Samuel Thibault
2016-12-12 17:20:08 UTC
Post by Jason White
Post by Tom Fowle
Can it do much that good old lynx can't do?
No. If my memory is correct (and it may not be), W3M can display tables
spatially
It can indeed.

Samuel