resend Re: livetest32 test
Tom Fowle
2015-12-02 02:28:01 UTC
Sorry if this is a duplicate send, but don't think I saw first try on the
list.
T.F.
2015-12-02 10:21:02 UTC
Post by Tom Fowle
Attempted to run my serial port alva display, brltty responded to command
but display did not come up. It works in Debian.
Yes, that's a Ubuntu problem which should now be fixed. It doesn't start
automatically in Ubuntu by default.
Post by Tom Fowle
Killed speakup etc. with the commands you gave me.
did
modprobe speakup_dtlk
could not find speakup_dtlk
Hmm, it finds speakup_dtlk fine here. It says it's version 2.10 and
supports the Doubletalk PC.
Post by Tom Fowle
Should that have been
modprobe speakup.dtlk instead of "line" dtlk
No, it's definitely speakup_dtlk.
Post by Tom Fowle
Just for interest? machine is an Asis P2B 1GHz celeron with 780MB ram (all
it will take)
I tested it with 1 GB of memory, so this is helpful. I would expect it not
to be very responsive. The CD image uploading now will hopefully help.
Post by Tom Fowle
Response on the livetest cd is pretty sluggish, but not unexpected, it's that
way running orca/gnome from Debian wheezy
We have at least one other older box on which we can try the livetest just
to see if it works, but that other box has no isa slots so no go for
doubletalk.
Happy to try if simply reporting another successfull livetest boot
Yes, the more testing it gets, the better. I don't think it's going to run
on a machine with less memory, but it's worth a try. New CD images are
uploading which should address the Braille display problem. I don't know
why it can't find speakup_dtlk since it's definitely shipped in the kernel.
Tom Fowle
2015-12-03 03:43:15 UTC
Tony,
Will try the new images, I may well have goofed something up after speakup
was killed, My wife barely khnows limux so may not have read something
critical.

Should have put the image on a CDRW, not a CDR, but they're cheap

More soon
Thanks
Tom Fowle