missing libspeech.h when trying to compile speechd-up
c***@ccs.covici.com
2016-05-30 20:09:08 UTC
Hi. I am trying to compile speechd-up on a new system using the latest
speech dispatcher which is 0.8.3 and speechd-up is complaining about
missing libspeech.h, which I assume is something from speech
dispatcher. So, anyone know how to fix? Is speech dispatcher broke?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
How do
you spend it?

John Covici
***@ccs.covici.com
Rob
2016-05-30 23:48:30 UTC
Post by c***@ccs.covici.com
Hi. I am trying to compile speechd-up on a new system using the latest
speech dispatcher which is 0.8.3 and speechd-up is complaining about
missing libspeech.h, which I assume is something from speech
dispatcher.
Did your ./configure --prefix match in both programs?
If you just did ./configure make make install with speech-dispatcher,
everything went under /usr/local. Speechd-up is probably looking under
/usr/lib or somesuch, when, in fact, your libraries are under
/usr/local/lib.
c***@ccs.covici.com

***@ccs.covici.com
Chris Brannon
2016-05-31 02:13:06 UTC
Post by c***@ccs.covici.com
I have no libspeech.h anywhere at all, this is the problem. I saw a
message while googling to downgrade speech dispatcher to 0.7.1 to get it
back.
I think they may have moved the file to
/usr/include/speech-dispatcher/libspeechd.h.
If that's not the problem, then where did you get this package? Was it
a distro package? If so, what distro?

-- Chris
c***@ccs.covici.com

***@ccs.covici.com
c***@ccs.covici.com
2016-05-31 03:58:12 UTC
Well, upon investigating there is a libspeechd.h and maybe I just didn't
hear the d -- I have had lots of errors like this lately! I will check
the source for my speechd-up and see what it was really trying to look
for.
Sure enough, there is a d, although espeak and even my hardware synth
didn't pronounce it at all. It was indeed moved, so I will fix the
source.

Thanks and sorry for the noise.