irssi: flashing bar
Littlefield, Tyler
2015-07-28 21:58:58 UTC
Hello:
Has anyone noticed weird issues with Irssi flashing the status bar
repeatedly? it's really hard to follow along. It semes to be the newer
versions.
Any ideas/tweaks would be awesome.
Thanks,
- --
Take care,
Ty
twitter: @sorressean
web:http://tysdomain.com
pubkey: http://tysdomain.com/files/pubkey.asc
Jude DaShiell
2015-07-29 03:16:54 UTC
Have you tried the -d switch on the irssi command line when you start it
up yet? You may find that environment better. It tells irssi you're
using a dumb terminal that doesn't support that flashing bar among other
eye candy.
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:58:58
Subject: irssi: flashing bar
Tony Baechler
2015-07-29 10:55:01 UTC
Post by Littlefield, Tyler
Has anyone noticed weird issues with Irssi flashing the status bar
repeatedly? it's really hard to follow along. It semes to be the newer
versions.
You didn't say what the "newer" version is, but here are some general
suggestions:

1. Read the excellent FAQ and getting started guide. They tell you how to
adjust the status bar.

2. Make sure you don't have any autoload scripts which could cause this
behavior. I know this seems obvious, but perhaps a new script was installed
in your autorun directory.

3. Finally, try these commands:

/statusbar off
/save

If you don't want to turn it completely off, try this:

/help statusbar

You probably don't want to set it for a dumb terminal for a number of
reasons and that isn't really necessary anyway.
Janina Sajka
2015-07-29 04:24:17 UTC
I have irssi 0.8.17 and use it all the time for work, because W3C relies
heavily on IRC. I have not had a problem, but my statusbar is disabled
on purpose. Let me know if you'd like my config.
Janina Sajka, Phone: +1.443.300.2200
sip:***@asterisk.rednote.net
Email: ***@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow