Serial Synth Workaround
Rob
2016-09-12 03:26:10 UTC
I understood that you had to comment out this statement in drivers/staging/speakup/serialio.c:
if (err) {
pr_warn("Unable to allocate port at %x, errno %i",
ser->port, err);
return NULL;
}
Was that wrong? Because I got a bunch of errors from make.
I tried commenting out just the
return NULL;
part and still got errors. It is plainly obvious that I am no coder. Lol. What needs commenting out, exactly?
John G. Heim
2016-09-12 16:24:38 UTC
I usually just remove the "return null" line. You could comment it out.
If you leave the warning in, you can look for that in the syslog if your
kernel still doesn't work. In fact, I usually change the wording of that
line a little so I can easily find it in the syslogs.