INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR COMPILING KERNELS
k***@kc.rr.com
2016-12-21 09:46:37 UTC
Hello, All,

Where is the instruction manual for compiling the kernel with the new
version of speak up you all referenced?

Thank you,

Craig Martin

***@kc.rr.com
Tony Baechler
2016-12-21 11:05:58 UTC
Post by k***@kc.rr.com
Where is the instruction manual for compiling the kernel with the new
version of speak up you all referenced?
I've been away from the list for a while, but I don't recall seeing such a
manual. I suggest the README files which come with the Speakup and kernel
sources. If you're on Debian, install the "kernel-package" package which
makes compilation vastly easier. What you need to do is apply the Speakup
patches first. If you use the Speakup source from staging, it's already part
of the kernel tree and you don't have to do anything extra. If you want to
use a modified version, apply the patches either by hand or with make-kpkg
at compile time. David's .tgz file can be extracted over the existing
Speakup source, but I couldn't get it to compile. Read the man page or the
help for make-kpkg.
Post by k***@kc.rr.com
Thank you,
Craig Martin
Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:***@batsupport.com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310 SMS text: 1-619-375-2545