A little OT: Installing LightDm
Rob
2016-02-01 03:19:51 UTC
So I have been working with the Linux from Scratch project, and this weekend I decided to try and build a desktop--probably eitehr mate or XFCE. I want to use Lightdm as my display manager, but I can't find a list of its dependencies. Everywhere I look talks about just installing the lightdm package from the repository of whatever distro you have. I did find the source code, but there isn't even a readme file in it.
I guess, technically, I could log into my debian system and do apt-cache show lightdm, but then I'd have to reset up my build environment in lfs all over again.
So, anybody here know lightdm dependencies? I've got X installed already, obviously, but what other external libs do I need.
D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
2016-02-01 05:11:16 UTC
I believe that the Arch repository page lists all dependencies. The
problem is that many Linux versions have different names for the
dependencies.

Look in the source code for lightdm. It should have a list of dependencies
somewhere, perhaps in the build folder.

David
mike
2016-02-01 15:41:40 UTC

Did you get Speakup to work if so what did you do?

Rob
2016-02-01 15:55:46 UTC
Post by mike
Hi,
Did you get Speakup to work if so what did you do?
You have to compile speakup as modules during kernel config. It's under
drivers/staging
# Speakup console speech
#
CONFIG_SPEAKUP=m
And so on.
Then you have to put the modules in /etc/sysconfig/modules
speakup
speakup_soft
I don't use espeakup. I copied my voxin libs from debian into the
corresponding locations on my LFS system. Haven't gotten around to
installing things like speech-dispatcher yet.