how to tell if curses is installed?
Tom Fowle
2017-04-20 03:50:28 UTC
Trying to configure asomewhat old satelite tracking program
"Predict2.2...
the ./configure script claims it can't find either gcc or curses.h
gcc is obviously present and accounted for, but I'm not sure how to tell if
the curses library is installed.

presume it is a part of debian wheezy's normal install?
but general searches don't reveal a way of finding out, curses isn't, I
guess, a "package"

Thanks
tom Fowle
Gregory Nowak
2017-04-20 03:59:08 UTC
Running:

aptitude show libncurses5-dev

should do it.

Greg
Post by Tom Fowle
Trying to configure asomewhat old satelite tracking program
"Predict2.2...
the ./configure script claims it can't find either gcc or curses.h
gcc is obviously present and accounted for, but I'm not sure how to tell if
the curses library is installed.
presume it is a part of debian wheezy's normal install?
but general searches don't reveal a way of finding out, curses isn't, I
guess, a "package"
Thanks
tom Fowle
skype: gregn1

Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail dns-***@EU.org
Tom Fowle
Tom Fowle
2017-04-21 02:45:28 UTC
Just to close my question, installed curses5-dev
and recompiled the satelite prediction program "predict" successfully.
Now I just gotta learn to understand the output
thanks all
tom Fowle
Ari Moisio
2017-04-20 05:12:44 UTC
Hi

For self-compiled programs you usually need the dev packages, for
example libncurses-dev on Debian.
--
mr. M01510 & guide Loadstone-GPS Lat: 62.38718, lon: 25.64672
hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net B784D020 fp:0C1F6A76 DC9DDD58 33838B5D 0E769600 B7840D02

Tom Fowle kirjoitti
Subject: how to tell if curses is installed?
Tom Fowle