My speakup mods are here
David
2016-08-01 19:17:21 UTC
Firstly, I can't find the lowercasing functions in the kernel
4.5.0 to replace the speakup speciffic version.
If anyone wants to play with modded speakup, you can get it from my
raspberry pi web server at davidborowski.ddns.net.
If you find problems you can let me know.
Also on the pi server I have a nntp news reader I wrote called binger.
Binary news group extracter.
I didn't like the currently available text-based news readers so I
wrote another one. I also havean app to tune tv/radio cards
if anyone is interested. It is command-line or through a port
and it has timed events so I get up for work every morning.
I just finished puting a raspberry pi in my power braille 40 Someone
on here talked about doing it and I thought they had a really good idea.
There is a README file in the speakup.tgz which documents the differences.
Rob
2016-08-01 19:30:08 UTC
Do you just drop this in place for the regular speakup files in the kernel source?
c***@ccs.covici.com
2016-08-01 19:52:17 UTC
Congratulations for working on this. Do you have any ideas about the
serial io problems?
Post by David
Firstly, I can't find the lowercasing functions in the kernel
4.5.0 to replace the speakup speciffic version.
If anyone wants to play with modded speakup, you can get it from my
raspberry pi web server at davidborowski.ddns.net.
If you find problems you can let me know.
Also on the pi server I have a nntp news reader I wrote called binger.
Binary news group extracter.
I didn't like the currently available text-based news readers so I
wrote another one. I also havean app to tune tv/radio cards
if anyone is interested. It is command-line or through a port
and it has timed events so I get up for work every morning.
I just finished puting a raspberry pi in my power braille 40 Someone
on here talked about doing it and I thought they had a really good idea.
There is a README file in the speakup.tgz which documents the differences.
How do
you spend it?

John Covici
***@ccs.covici.com
John Covici
2016-08-21 07:35:25 UTC
I was looking at the mods and you have a statement in the README that
read-all was not finished yet. I use this all the time, so I wonder
what is broke, etc?

Thanks.

***@ccs.covici.com
Tony Baechler
2016-08-22 09:56:24 UTC
Just for information, I couldn't get the mods to compile with Debian kernel
4.6.4 sources. I had no problem compiling with the standard staging sources
included in the kernel. I tried with both speakup.tgz and spk.tgz from
David's site with no luck. I have 64-bit kernel 4.6.4 packages available if
anyone wants them, but I'm having temporary hosting issues. Please write to
the address in the signature if interested.
--
Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology