DecTalk in Ubuntu?
Chime Hart
2017-11-04 03:29:25 UTC
Well, we were not successful getting the DecTalk running in Debian9, but here in
Ubuntu17.10 we had luck. No glitches, however, seems slightly sluggish while
reviewing line-by-line down a screen.
I cannot edit any of the files in /sys/accessibility where the DecTalk files are
located, says something about swop and permission denyed, even with a root
password. I thought maybe I could ajust a cursor delay time. But in reality I
want to run a command to increase the inflection in the DecTalk, but I cannot.
If its a simple as a chmod 755 or 644 I can try those, but I would rather not
ruin something before I hear from some of you here.
Thanks so much in advance
Chime