about to release new version of espeakup
Jude DaShiell
2016-03-06 21:57:34 UTC
I found out what the problem is finally. The talkingarchlinux uses
espeakup-ng-git and espeak-ng-git to generate speech. Though espeakup is
available in talkingarchlinux it is not possible to find espeak on the
archlinux repositories at least for now. This wouldn't appear to be all
that much of a difficulty at first except that pulseaudio is so far as I
can tell mentioned nowhere in the source code nor files generated by
./autogen.sh or ./configure. This means espeak-ng-git and espeakup-ng-git
are strictly alsa packages. I could be going right past something and not
notice that it's pulseaudio connected stuff, but I don't think so in this
case.