unable to compile speakup using kernel 4.14.77
John Covici
2018-10-20 07:50:37 UTC
Hi. I am having problems compiling speakup using kernel 4.14.77. In
speakup_soft, the system is complaining about a reference to
signal_pending on line about 230. Apparently this function is no
longer present, but what do I replace it with or how can I fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
***@ccs.covici.com
John Covici
2018-10-22 14:01:24 UTC
Can anyone help with this one?

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
***@ccs.covici.com
Didier Spaier
2018-10-29 21:19:52 UTC
Hello.

I am not sure what you are doing or heading to.

Are you compiling the kernel as a whole or specifically this driver?

In the latter case, why, and what is your workflow?

I mean, could you share the list of commands, or scripts
that you are running?

In any case I can't see a need to build this driver out of tree.

Best,

Didier
John Covici
2018-10-29 23:19:29 UTC
I am compiling the kernel as I always do under gentoo. I think I
found the solution, they put signal_pending in its own include which I
did not have.